How to Install your Prophet CRM
Prophet Client Installation Pre–Check
How are you installing the On Demand version of Prophet?
Stop! First check if you are capable of installing Prophet on your Windows computer. There are two ways:
Are you a user with Administrative rights on the computer?
See the section below, titled: “Standard Installation”
Are you installing under an Administrative profile on the computer?
See the section below, titled: “Installation under an Administrative Profile”
Standard Installation: When a User has Administrative privileges
- Download Prophet client here: http://www.avidian.com/install/client
- Close all applications, including Outlook, and disable all Anti-virus software.
- Double-click on the Prophet Client installation executable and complete the Installation Wizard.
If you are installing as an administrator on behalf of the user, then please log out and back into the user’s account at this time, and follow the steps below before continuing.
Installation under an Administrative Profile
In some organizations the IT policy restricts users from having administrative access to their Windows computer. In this case, the Prophet client may be installed using the Administrator profile.
While logged in as the administrator follow the steps in the section above called: “Standard Installation: When a User has Administrative Privileges”.
Note: There is still a user-based configuration process that must be followed after the user who will use Prophet has logged back into their computer. Make sure to remind them of this process, as follows:
- Log in to end-user windows profile
- Run the executable ConfigureProphetClient.exe (typically located at c:\Program Files\Avidian Technologies\Prophet\ConfigureProphetClient.exe).
- Continue with step 4 below to complete installation process while still logged in as end-user.
- Open Outlook.
- The Prophet Setup window will automatically appear.
- Click Next to continue with installation.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to complete the installation and begin using Prophet.