How do I assign Contacts to other Prophet Users?
When you use Prophet, you may come across a time where you will want to either be assigned to Prophet Contacts or assign other Prophet Users to Contacts from within Prophet. Assigning contacts in Prophet allows users to easily look up who is in control of the Prophet contact. Below are the steps on how to assign the contacts to other Prophet User(s).
Open Contact Manager
- Open the Prophet Contact Manager by clicking on the Contact Manager Folder from your Outlook Folder List
Locate the Contacts you want to assign to a Prophet User(s)
- With Contact Manager open, we will want to locate the Prophet Contacts that we want to assign to a Prophet User(s)
- Once you have located the contact(s) that we want to assign to a Prophet User(s), we will want to select the contact(s) in Prophet.
- If you are selecting more than one contact, you can click on the first contact and then hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard and select another contact. You will see that the contact(s) are highlighted in Prophet.
Assigning the Prophet Contact(s) to a User(s)
- With your contact(s) still selected from the previous step, we will want to right click with the mouse on the selection of contact(s). You will be given a menu of options to select from. We will want to select Users and then Assign to Users
- Once you click the Assign to Users option, we will be prompted with a small dialog window called Assign to Users
- Go ahead and put a check mark in the box next to the User(s) that need to be assigned to the Prophet Contact(s) and then press the OK button.
Verify the user assignment of the contact(s) in Prophet
- From within Contact Manager, we will want to check the Users column within the Prophet view and verify that the User is populated into the column. If you do not see the Users column in the Contact Manager view you will want to edit the view to add the Users column into the view.
- Once you have verified that contact(s) are assigned to the correct user(s), the assigning of Prophet Contacts is complete.