How can I clean up duplicate companies with the Merge Companies Feature in Prophet?
When using Prophet, you may come across companies that are either misspelled or have different naming conventions, but these companies are really the same company as the existing company in Prophet. Below are the steps on how to resolve with the Company Merge feature.
To clean up duplicate companies with the merge company feature in Prophet, follow the steps below:
Step 1: Locate duplicate companies within Prophet Company Manager
- You can use the search feature or scroll through Company Manager to find the duplicated companies.
Step 2: Open the duplicated company that you want all data merged into
- With the company open, add a note to the company card, and then press save and close
- The reason for opening the Company is Prophet will merge all the data into the most recently modified date, making this the Master Company Record
Step 3: Selecting All Companies to Merge
- To select the companies that you would like to merge, select one of the companies, and then hold down the Control Button (Ctrl) on the keyboard and then left click with the mouse. You should see both companies highlighted
Step 4: Completing the Company Merge
- With your selection of Companies selected, right click on one of the selected companies
- From the menu, select Merge Companies
- With the Prophet Company Merge window open, this will be a preview of how the Company card will look once the merge is completed. You can make any other changes to the company card by filling any remaining fields.
- When ready to complete the merge, press the merge button. You will see another window pop up on the screen showing the removal of the one company.
- Next you will see a message Companies Merged Successfully. Go ahead and press the OK button
- Lastly, when you have refreshed the Company Manager view, by pressing the F5 key on the keyboard, you will see that the merge of the companies have been made.